CMS recently published a final rule that specifies criteria that eligible professionals (EPs) must meet in order to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs.
EHR Incentive Programs Final Rule Provisions
The new requirements of the EHR Incentive Programs expand meaningful use of certified EHR technology to promote health information exchange and improved patient outcomes. The rule also includes changes to the structure of the EHR Incentive Programs.
Major provisions in the EHR Incentive Programs for 2015 include:
- A revised single set of objectives and measures
- This includes a reduction in the overall number of objectives to which a provider must attest.
- Alternate exclusions and specifications for providers previously scheduled to be in Stage 1 of meaningful use.
- A shift to calendar year reporting and a 90-day EHR reporting period for all providers.
- Attesting to objectives and measures using EHR technology certified to the 2014 Edition.
- Revisions to attestation and payment adjustment deadlines.
For more information about the EHR Incentive Programs final rule, view the “What You Need to Know for 2015” tipsheets for Eligible Professionals.
Caroline Fife, MD
I’ve got a NEW Facebook Page – be sure to follow me there too!